When: Sunday 12 February - Thursday 25 May, during library opening hours
Where: Waitakere Central Library, Henderson, Level 2, J. T. Diamond Gallery, West Auckland Research Centre
Nau mai haere mai – come and enjoy stories from the heart of Henderson.
Listen to stories from our Henderson community of shopkeepers, workers and elected representatives presented in a series of dynamic audio-visual exhibitions.
Share in the experiences and aspirations of this diverse group of locals including a 90yr old former haberdashery shop owner, an African social worker, a Niuean barber and an Indian tailor.
- Mary Ama – Pacifica Arts Centre
- Frank Amoah – NZ African Welfare Service Trust
- Paula Bold-Wilson – Waitematā Community Law Centre & Henderson-Massey Local Board
- Brenda Brady – Henderson-Massey Local Board
- Julene Cressey – Cutting Edge Hair Salon
- Jayantilal M. Khatri – Island Style (Jay’s Clothing Ltd)
- Alison Lynne – Leisure Time Book Exchange
- Arkadi Melamed – Dr Shoe
- Mavis Miller – The Lace Fan
- Robert Norcross – Norcross Fishing World
- Cerry Pei Hoe Sim – Cerry Kitchen
- Baljit Singh – Waitakere Ethnic Board
- Dean Jordan (DJ) Webster – Humble Cutz Barbershop