Promotions and competitions
Auckland Libraries gives you the chance to win cool prizes.
Search our Events calendar for current promotions and competitions.
Comic Book Month 2013
Loyalty card winners
This promotion asked library customers to keep track of how many graphic novels they checked out and read using our loyalty cards with ten stamps on each. The contest was sponsored by Arkham City Comics (www.arkham.co.nz).
The customers who checked out the most graphic novels during September were:
- 1. Kate Ashworth (53 cards) - Waiheke Library
- 2. Samuel Welsh - Takapuna Library
- 3. Dominique Ambros - Onehunga Library
- 4. Rio Wang - Epsom Library
- 5. Nicole Tang - Epsom Library
Create a character
This competition asked library customers to draw or write an original comic book character. The contest was sponsored by Mcleay Workshops (www.mcleayworkshops.com) and Heroes for Sale (www.heroes.co.nz).
The winners in each age group were:
9 and under
- 1st - Scarlett, Mt Roskill Library
- 2nd - Jayde, Waitakere Central Library Henderson
- 1st - Carl, Highland Park Library
- 2nd - Samuel, Warkworth Library
- 1st - Rhiannon, Howick Library
- 2nd - Sina, Howick Library
- 1st - Zephir Delamore, Waiheke Library
- 2nd - Derek Robin Mansfield (77 years old!), Blockhouse Bay Library
See below for a slideshow of the winners' awesome artwork!