Last Friday, Mark Sainsbury and the crew from Close Up were at Auckland Libraries to interview the renowned fantasy writer, Terry Pratchett, and eager fans were not disappointed.
It was a privilege for Auckland Libraries to host the interview with Sir Terry Pratchett, one of today’s most popular and prolific fantasy authors.
Terry was in Auckland last week to speak about his latest book in the Discworld series.
“Terry was charming and I feel quite privileged to have met him. He spoke about how his books are about the commonalities of humanity,” says Auckland Libraries Regional Resources Manager, Louise LaHatte.
Some Terry Pratchett stats:
- We currently hold 76 titles by Terry Pratchett in a variety of formats – books, audio books, playscripts, graphic novels and DVDs – across the libraries' 55 branches and four mobile libraries.
- Terry Pratchett's 1331 titles have been borrowed 40,681 times.
- We also a book about him: Terry Pratchett: guilty of literature.
- Making money is the most borrowed book by the author; it has been checked out 2359.
- The colour of magic has the highest issues for a single copy; it has been borrowed 235 times.
The interview will be on Close Up (TV1) soon.